Being arrested for drunk driving can have serious consequences on your personal and professional life. When facing DUI charges it is in your best interest to utilize the representation of an experienced DUI Attorney. Choosing a DUI attorney may be difficult for you with the abundance of options available, especially with attorneys offering hugely discounted rates as a method of advertising. Think of it this way, do you really want to put your future in the hands of an inexperienced attorney?
Choosing a DUI Attorney – Things to Consider
Following a DUI arrest you may feel overwhelmed and this is where an experienced Fresno DUI attorney can help you through this difficult time. There are some things to consider when choosing a DUI attorney and we have outlined them below:
- Even if you believe that you are guilty you are presumed innocent under the law. An experienced DUI attorney will evaluate the proof against you to determine its strength.
- Police may have overstepped their bounds and unlawfully stopped, tested, arrested, and charged you for DUI. A knowledgeable DUI attorney will be able to determine if your rights were violated and it is possible that there may be no case against you.
- Only an attorney experienced in California DUI laws can help you in limiting the damage and restoring your life.
When choosing a DUI attorney you want an attorney that values good communication. When it comes to communicating there are a few things to consider:
- You want an attorney that returns your phone calls in a timely manner
- You want an attorney that explains the details of your case so you understand what is happening and why it is happening
- You want an attorney that honestly answers your questions
Fighting DUI Cases
This probably goes without saying, but if you are arrested and charged with a DUI you need an attorney who is experienced in fighting DUI cases. As mentioned above, choosing a DUI attorney can be no easy task, you may be faced with public defenders or discount lawyers that lack the experience necessary to adequately protect you.
We understand the desire to select a discount lawyer, especially in these tough economic times, but as the saying goes “you get what you pay for”. Discount lawyers make their money by handling a high volume of cases and generally lack skill in properly analyzing and defending cases. Your future is at stake, you deserve experienced representation. A DUI attorney should be able to demonstrate to you their experience representing clients in DUI/DWI/OWI cases.
Winning DUI Cases
There is a common misconception that DUI cases cannot be won, and that simply is not true. The importance in choosing a DUI attorney is the fact that only an experienced DUI attorney can examine the case for weaknesses and determine if your rights have been violated including whether or not the officer had probable cause when stopping your vehicle.
Make the Right Decision for You
It is up to you to make the decision that you feel the most comfortable with; however if you have been arrested on suspicion of DUI it is important to contact a Fresno DUI attorney immediately. The Law Office of Gregory W. Fox has extensive experience representing clients in DUI/DWI cases and DMV license suspension hearings (administrative per se hearing). If you have any questions or would like to schedule a free initial consultation please contact The Law Office of Gregory W. Fox at (559) 222-5800. In most cases an appointment can be scheduled for the same day.